Frequently asked questions
WHAT IS WP SMALL BUSINESS?
WP Small Business is the easiest way to give your business a professional, beautiful online presence. Simply sign up for an account, choose a layout to build your website on and hit publish. The drag and drop website builder tool will let you design your entire site to fit your needs and vision, without you needing any coding or graphic design skills.
DO I NEED TO BE A GOOD DESIGNER?
There is no requirement to be a designer or programmer to use WP Small Business. We do all the hard programming and design work so you don’t have to! There are over hundred of different templates you can build your website on, these have all been designed by professional web designers.
CAN I EDIT MY WEBSITE FROM DIFFERENT COMPUTERS?
WP Small Business websites are all controlled and managed in the cloud, this means no specialist software is needed to edit your website. The editing and control is all carried out within your web browser, therefore, as long as you remember your username and password, you can edit your website from any of your computers.
WHICH WEB BROWSER WILL MY WEBSITE WORK ON?
All major web browsers are compatible with WebsiteBuilder. If you are looking for recommendations, we prefer Google Chrome, which is completely free and supported on a number of devices and operating systems.
Websites may be displayed differently on different browsers, depending on the specific browser’s limitations. We would advise keeping your browser fully up to date to ensure your seeing the best of not only your WP Small Business webiste, but the web as a whole!
DO I NEED TO ADD A BLOG TO MY WEBSITE?
Your website can be set up however you want. If you want a blog, it’s easy to add a blog page to your website and start writing. If you don’t want a blog on your website, simply don’t add a blog page and make your website however you’d like.
Blogs are one of the most important thing for helping your business grow, getting your resume/portfolio page seen or sharing your company with the world. Plus, you can always change your mind later and add a blog at any time with just a few clicks.
IS WEB HOSTING INCLUDED?
Yes,web hosting is included.
CAN I PREVIEW MY WEBSITE BEFORE IT GOES LIVE?
Previewing your website before it goes live is important part of the design process. You can preview any page of your site at any time while editing.
DO I HAVE THE ABILITY TO PUT SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS OR BUTTONS ON MY WEBSITE?
We want your website to be a true representation of your business. Therefore, there are several ways you can align your website with your social media presence, from embedded feeds to follow buttons.
CAN I CONNECT MY DOMAIN WITH MY WP SMALL BUSINESS SITE?
CAN SOMEONE BUILD MY SITE FOR ME?
Yes. While WP Small Business is great for a DIY approach, we help you build your website at a favorable price. See more here.
WHAT DOES A WP SMALL BUSINESS SUBSCRIPTION INCLUDE?
WP Small Business is an all-in-one content management system, or CMS built on WordPress. With a subscription, you can create a website, host your content, add domains, sell products, and much more.
Every full WP Small Business subscription includes:
- Website building tools – Use drag-and-drop tools to add content, like text and images, and create a website without directly editing code. Start with any layout to create pages and organize your site, then customize it to match your own style.
- Content hosting – All WP Small Business content is stored on robust infrastructure from SiteGround. This ensures your site will load quickly and reliably from anywhere in the world.
- Professionally designed layout packs – Layout packs combine unique features and styles into cohesive packages. With responsive design standard on every layout, your site will look great on any device. You can switch layouts at any time.
- Search engine optimization – WP Small Business automatically generates sitemaps, uses clean HTMLmarkup, and employs automatic tagging so search engines can index your content without extra fees.
- Custom domain name – Register domains through WP Small Business, or transfer a domain you already own.
- Free Images – The photos included in our layouts have no licensing restrictions. This means you can use them without having to worry about paying licensing fees or attributing the photographer.
For more features, visit our feature page.
WP SMALL BUSINESS AND SSL
WP Small Business offers free SSL certificates for all third-party domains connected and pointing to a WP Small Business site. With SSL enabled automatically, your visitors can access a constant, secure connection on every page of your site. Through SSL, your visitors see a lock icon next to your URL in the browser, showing that their information is safe.